Need Help - Video Auto Rotation Issue

Hello fellow community members,

I hope this post finds you well. I am currently facing an issue with the MKVToolNix application, and I’m seeking your valuable assistance to resolve it.

I am attempting to replace the audio tracks of a video using MKVToolNix, and while the application successfully replaces the audio tracks, I am encountering an unexpected problem. The output video always comes with the orientation upside down, even though I am not providing any commands to rotate the video during the export process.

Here are some details about my setup:

• Source video file: MP4 format (android phone recorded with OPEN CAMERA app)
  • Output format: MKV
  • Audio tracks: PCM and AAC
  • Windows 10 Laptop
  • Latest MkvToolNix version
    I have tried various configurations and settings within MKVToolNix, but the auto rotation of the video persists, making the exported video unusable.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who has experience with MKVToolNix or has encountered a similar issue could share their insights and guidance on how to prevent the auto rotation of the video during the export process. It seems like a peculiar behavior, and I’m not sure if there’s a specific setting or workaround to address this issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Your expertise and advice will be immensely helpful in resolving this matter.

Best regards,
ru526

Welcome!

Unfortunately your MP4 file uses a feature (a rotation matrix) that mkvmerge simply cannot translate to corresponding features in Matroska. Even if it could, I highly doubt there are Matroska players that would play the file correctly. I don’t have a solution for this type of files.

hi thanks for your quick response. is there anything you can suggest. an alternative

No. Like I said; I don’t have a solution.

1 Like