MKV metadata and tags

Hello,

I am a beginner at creating metadata, and I am trying to add tags/info to my video collection. I have a few questions about adding specific SimpleTags to my videos. I would like to use the new Windows Media Player for Windows 11 to play the videos. When a video is playing on there, you can view the metadata under Properties inside the player:

Screenshot 2024-05-31 074003

So far, I have been able to add SimpleTags for Genre and Subtitle but not any of the other fields:

I was wondering if someone could help me with the specifics on getting the other tags and fields filled out? Things like Contributing Artists, Year, Resolution. For example, does Year technically need a RELEASE_DATE tag? Is it created as a SimpleTag or just Tag? Does Resolution need to be broken into HEIGHT and WIDTH?

I am not sure if the new Windows Media Player 11 uses its own tags, or if I am doing this wrong. I am needing details, syntax. Again, I was able to add Genre and Subtitle, so I think I’m on the right track. I am currently adding tags with a program called chapterEditor, but if I need to create an xml file, I can.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!