Help with remuxing?

1. Would it be possible to eliminate the ‘original source medium’ tag from the remuxed file? If i use single m2ts file from stream folder the tag isnt present. If i was to use the m2ts from the stream folder i would lose chapters.

2. I know mkvmerge doesn’t work with seamless branching, but does mkvmerge recognise ‘delay’ with single m2ts? Or do you only get delays with seamless branched files?

3. PCM/LPCM how does mkvmerge deal with this kind of audio?

Welcome!

[quote=“HughHighway83, post:1, topic:453”]

• Would it be possible to eliminate the ‘original source medium’ tag from the remuxed file? If i use single m2ts file from stream folder the tag isnt present. If i was to use the m2ts from the stream folder i would lose chapters.[/quote]

I don’t know how MediaInfo derives the “original source medium” value. “Blu-ray” is nothing that mkvmerge writes into the output file. It does write a tag called SOURCE_ID which contains the track ID from the M2TS file, but it does that when you remux a single M2TS file, too; therefore this probably isn’t it.

Most likely the answer is “no”.

It “doesn’t work” as in “it does detect & remove the duplicated frames located around the branching point”, leading to a few duplicated frames being present and A/V sync potentially being lost.

Having A/V delays is something that happens in a LOT of file types, including M2TS, no matter where they come from. This has nothing to do with seamless branching or not. A/V delays simply means that audio & video tracks do not start at the same timestamp. For example, with a lot of files the first video track’s frame is at 0ms, the first audio track’s timestamp is also at 0ms. This means a delay of 0ms. But there might be files where video starts at 1h47m043ms & audio starts at 1h47m058ms (think M2TS DVB streams where you start recording somewhere in the middle); this means an A/V delay of 15ms.

mkvmerge handles all those just fine.

It muxes it as a PCM track.