[GUI] How to make the default option 'Afterwards close the current multiplex settings'?

For every single file I have to choose the option ‘Afterwards close the current multiplex settings’ from the combo box. It is never remembered. I must have done hundreds of videos, so this is driving me nuts. Is there a way to change the default?

If not, could a developer PLEASE make the GUI remember this setting (or create a setting for it)?

Welcome!

In the preferences there’s this setting called “Clearing settings automatically” on the “Multiplexer” page. That’s what you’re looking for.

1. I changed the setting ‘Multiplexer/Clearing settings automatically’ to ‘No’
  2. I added a file to the multiplexer
  3. I clicked on the ‘Start multiplexing’ drop down box and selected ‘Afterwards close the current multiplex settings’
  4. After it finished, I closed MKVToolnix
  5. I opened MKVToolnix
  6. I added a file to the multiplexer
  7. The dropdown box still says ‘Start multiplexing’ instead of ‘Afterwards close the current multiplex settings’

What am I doing wrong?

The button’s description doesn’t change at all. Just set the setting in the preferences to “Close current settings”. Add files. Hit the “start multiplexing” button. The settings will now close. Done.

Oooooooooh, that’s it!
Thank you VERY much for your help @mbunkus!!