Confirm - HDR Header info is not displayable or editable?

Based on various searches regarding MKVToolNix, it seems that the HDR header information is not displayed nor editable with the Info Tool and Header editor.

I wanted to confirm this before looking for other ways to edit an MKV file with possibly incorrect HDR info.

Welcome!

Well… partially. The HDR information for HEVC is stored in an element called Block addition mapping with two children: Block addition ID type set to something like the FourCC dvcC & Block addition ID extra data, which contains the binary representation of Dolby Vision data. These can be seen in mkvinfo, but not edited with mkvpropedit.

Other HDR formats might be stored differently.

Thanks for the reply - here is the info I see in MediaInfo:

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 8.1, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, Version HDR10, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, Version HDR10, HDR10 compatible

The above is shown immediately following Format Profile: Main 10@L5@High
And immediately following the HDR Format section is: Codec ID: V_MGPEGH/ISO/HEVC

I am concerned that the duplicated SMPTE info blocks may be confusing my player and would like to edit and remove one of the blocks…

I haven’t found any straightforward way to accomplish this…

MKVToolNix cannot help you with that.